Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Resolved 2008

Wow!!!! What can I say other than God transformed my view of Heaven and Hell this week in an amazing way! The entire weekend was focused upon Heaven, Hell and the Gospel most of all. I was left in complete awe of my Savior and how He so graciously died on the cross, separated from the Father as He bore the wrath of MY sin upon Himself.

The weekend started out on Friday with Rick Holland teaching on death. He went into how EVERY ONE will one day die and how "death is a doorway to Heaven and death is also the doorway to Hell."

One of the major points of this sermon was how death leads us to see the seriousness of our sin. How God, the just, had to punish sin because otherwise He wouldn't be holy and just, and therefore He would no longer exist to be God.
How cool and truly awesome is that? That if God did not punish sin, He would cease to be God. And how He is just and righteous in the punishment and wrath that He places upon sin.

Then, we had the pleasure of hearing Randy Alcorn teach on Heaven. He talked about the new Heaven and the New Earth and God revealed Himself in a way that I was able to grasp a better glimps of the truth that is to come. He talked about our resurrected bodies. But I thought the most important and most exciting, is that "The very throne of God and of the Lamb will be on the new earth". WOW!!!!! I am in complete amazement as I try to get an understanding of this truth.

John MacArthur spoke Saturday about Hell. He focused on Luke 12 and 13 and how Christ chose to speak about Hell to a large croud of people. One of the huge things I got from that was how I don't chose to talk about the reality of Hell as much as I should. He then talked about how God knows EVERYTHING and therefore no one escapes judgement. This was the warning: "God knows every single detail of my life, and He knows who is His and who is not His."

I could go on and on and on, but I probably shouldn't. So, I would have to say, that out of the 12 sermons taught, I really learned SO MUCh from every one. They all affected me in many ways and I am forever greatful that the Lord was at that conference, reaching me along with hundreds of others. PRAISE BE TO HIM ALONE.

To finish, I am going to quote Jonathon Edwards in number 53 of his 70 resolutions. "Resolved, to improve every opportunity when I am in the best and happiest frame of mind, to cast and venture my soul on the Lord Jesus christ, to trust and confide in him, and consencrate myself wholly to him; that from this I may have assurance of my safety, knowing that I confide in my Redeemer."

But overall else, when C.J. Mahaney spoke on the Cry of the Cross when he spoke of the wrath of God that Christ Himself had to bear for my sins, I began to see the riches of His grace and mercy. That I will not have to be in eternal tourment in Hell, but rather rejoicing in Heaven at the throne of Jesus Christ all because of what HE accomplished for me on the Cross.

What more could I ever want. In the words of Alcorn, "I will never be satisfied with anyone less than Christ and anything less than Heaven"
Praise God for what He accomplished for me and for His glory alone

No comments: