Friday, April 17, 2009

Hey Friends,

So, I haven't written on here for a long time, because, 1. I forgot about it and 2. I didn't think anyone followed it. Anyways, Kimmy Caldwell came up to me at Kaleo and told me she missed reading this, so I was encouraged to write again.

Its almost the end of my first year at Master's. Its crazy how time flies by. God has taught me so much this past year about learning to trust Him in the midst of stressful times. He has taught me so much about the reality of Scripture and of Himself in ways I can't understand. He has been so gracious to pursue me even when I have not been faithful to Him.

Here are some of my favorite quotes I've learned this past year, both of which came from Erick Cobb, my college pastor back at home.

1. Through the gospel we see that we are more wicked and sinful than we ever dared admit, but more loved than we ever expected.
I think this has brought me through some hard times, as I see myself for who I truly am, but then, to see the love of God even more.
This makes me love Christ even more, to see that I am loved, not for what I've done but for who He is. It amazes me, and I can't understand it.

2. "What do you want so badly today that it is making you depressed, anxious, covetous, bitter or angry? What is making you sick of soul? That is the idol you need to repent of today! Pray and confess it to your Father."
This I just heard a few weeks ago, but it has helped me to identify my own idols in my life. It is so true, that idols do make you sick of soul, angry, depressed, and many other horrible things. But then, when I see those things in my life which take more of my attention that Christ, and Him crucified for my sins, I can rejoice, because I am no longer stand condemned before God, for these things because of Christ.

I have definitely been learning a ton here. Proverbs 3:3-5 has been huge. "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways, acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight."
I have had to learn this so many times this year. Not trusting in my own thoughts or what I feel is true or right, but rather, what the Word of God says. He is so gracious to teach me this so many times each day. I'm learning to submit all of me for all of Him, in order that He may be magnified.
NOW..... This needs to be put into practical application daily, as I learn to submit to God in all situations.

I have also had a ton of fun here with my friends, learning, growing, and just plain being crazy. I have made some amazing friends here.

All to say, I am tired, its almost 3 am, but I can rejoice! God is so good, and He is worthy of my entire praise.

Goodnight, I hope to be back on here sometime in the near future, and thanks Kimmy for getting me back on here :)

Court

No comments: