Friday, May 30, 2008

Blessings

I just got back from a long day of work and babysitting. It was a fun day though, and of course after 8 and a half hours of work, I was tired, and ready to go spend some quality time with the Cobbs (aka. my other family). So I headed over there tonight to watch their kids which is something I have looked forward to on Friday nights for the last year. My Friday nights with them have been some of the most memerable and important times in my life.

So. I will start out by telling a little about how I came to know and love my second family.
Last summer, I had been coming to Kaleo for a few months and knew a couple people. But, I had just quit my job at Jamba Juice to start my new job doing some in-home work. So, I was talking to Erick Cobb, who I really didn't know all that well, and he asked me if I could watch their kids on Fridays so that he and Tasha could go out on a date night. So. I said yes, and started watching their awesome kids on Friday nights.

They were awesome, because they would talk to me about literally anything that I would bring up. They were always willing to talk and encourage me in pursuing a deeper relationships with Christ. They were always around when i wanted to talk about everything and all my problems.

I think the best part was seeing how a Christian family, founded upon the Word of God and changed by the Gospel lived. I was able to see the submissive way that Tasha continually lived out to her husband. And also to see the way in which Erick loved, led, and provided for his family. Erick became like my dad. Because my dad is not saved, I had asked Erick to be the man that would watch out for me, and keep me accountable. And, he was ready and willing. I love the fact that the body of Christ cares for the other members, and I love how it is lived out in our Church.

The Cobbs were the ones who helped councel me on my decision for college. Tasha was great in telling me to watch the ammount of debt I get myself into because I want to be a mom and a wife. On whether or not I would feel right bringing debt into a marriage and placing that upon my future husband. WOW! That was seriously some deep stuff. And it was definitely something I hugely considered in my college decisions.
Erick was my dad basically. The person who I could ask for biblical advise from, and know he would always give it to me. He always encouraged and challenged me in my every day life. And made me think in ways I had never thought before.
This family is one that had been transformed by the gospel and I absolutley loved every moment I have spent with them.

Thank you Cobbs. I love all of you so much. And i can't wait for the little one on the way.

Courtney

No comments: