Well. Sad to say this but. Good morning. I'm awake at 1:12 in the morning for some reason. haha. But that ok. I've been working on homework and I only have three more weeks of classes. I can't believe that my first year of college is almost over. Anyways. So..... This week has been a lot calmer than the past but I have been greatly encouraged by some people this week.
So tonight I had a great time having conversations with a couple different people about everything possible I think. This week actually has been an encouragement to me. Not only have I been able to grow in my friendships with different people but God has blessed me in so many ways through these friendships. This week started out at Kaleo and just talking to some friends about how we can see God working in the lives of different people, changing their hearts. I have watched God really humble countless people in our church over the last few months and its been amazing. He has convicted us in many different ways through His Word and His Spirit and it has been amazing. I have seen God build leaders in our church who are pursuing Christ with their whole lives. But I have to say that I have been greatly encouraged by so many of the singles at our church. We have been going through a marriage study in Ephesians for the past 2 months and wow has it been challenging. God has convicted my heart of areas that need to change especially in the area of nagging. I had never seen how wrong it was but the Spirit convicted me and wow did it hurt. But it is encouraging to know that God uses that to bring us closer to Himself. But. in church Chris Mueller always talks about the singles as well as the married folks. He challenges us to have an undevided devotion to our Lord as we are single, to use this time to serve God without any distractions.
I have seen this take place in many different people's lives just as they are single right now. Many of them are pursuing Christ through serving Him. I love to watch how we have singles discipling younger people in coming to know Christ and to be more like Him. To see singles serve God wholeheartedly even though most of them want to be married, they still are devoted to Christ alone.
That all to say. Tha God has really used this week to challenge and encourage me to serve Him without distraction. What an awesome God we serve. He was willing to die for me, a sinner to make me clean and righteous in the Father's sight. I stand amazed at Him
Court
Friday, May 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for the encouraging post. It's a good reminder to have that undistracted devotion since it's very easy to have distracted un-devotion to the Lord. Keep those eyes focused on Him and that desire for marriage will come in the perfect time.
Thanks Heather!
Post a Comment